First of all, let me say that I just submitted my last paper!!!! All I have left is a final tomorrow morning at 10am and my first semester of my grad school career is completed. *Whew* Now I just have to hope I passed... :)

The picture above is exactly what it looks like it is: a snowman slowly going the way of the Wicked Witch of the West. Last night I took the dogs for a short walk around the outside of our building - about a block in total. As we passed this mini-Frosty (which was set back from the sidewalk about 15 feet) Fraz and Brook stopped and looked and sniffed. I looked too and saw Jr. Frosty and thought they might want to go say hi. So I walked them toward Jr. Frosty. As we approached, Frazier hunkered down and started sniffing really hard, Brook stayed behind Fraz just a couple of steps. That's when I realized it! They were scared of the poor melting snowman! I had to go up to Jr. Frosty and touch it and tell them it was ok before Fraz started to relax! It was SO funny!!!! Really gave me comfort knowing I have such fierce guard dogs... :)
So I'll admit it - the snowman and the button really have no connection. I'm switching stories now.

The picture above is of the curb where the GUTS bus that I ride to get to Georgetown stops. I get off the Metro and go to this corner where I hop on the bus. On the morning of November 12, I was in a hurry to catch the morning bus. I was dressed in a new skirt of which I am very fond. It's gray with a black and white pinstripe and industrial-looking buttons on the slit in the back. It's a really great skirt. At some point (evidently at the bus stop) I was in such a hurry that I took a step slightly too large for one of the buttons on the back of the skirt to handle. It popped off.
Later that day, I discovered the lone, empty, dangling thread from which the button rent itself still clinging to the back of my skirt. I was so sad! I really liked the skirt, it was new, and the button was not the type of button I'd be able to find to match. I resigned myself to the fact that the skirt would always be missing a button. (I lost the button on Nov. 12 remember.)
November passed with many leaves falling, much rain, and even a little snow. On December 5, I was again running to this corner to catch the bus when I saw something shiny and round in the tar-crack between the curb and the sidwalk slab. I stopped, stepped back and picked up a silver-colored, industrial-looking button. I thought that it couldn't possibly be my button, but perhaps it was similar enough that I could use it to repair my skirt. I put the button in my pocket and forgot about it for a few days....
I checked the button, and I'm not kidding you - it is MY button, the very button that popped off my skirt a month ago! It reminded me that there is a God who cares even about the new skirt that we love, and He watches over a button for nearly a month to remind me of the fact. What a God we serve!
Can you just imagine the stories that button would have if it could talk?...
Hahaha! Love the button story! I think we all have a 'button' story to share! God is so good and has a great sense of humor too! Miss you guys and glad to hear that you have one semester 'under your belt.' Merry Christmas to you both!
ReplyDeleteCindy Brown